Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Words From a Friend!

Today, I was reading some words from a friend of ours. The words hit me so strongly. They were about "fear". I know in my own life I have, and do, deal with this subject. Mine stems from family influence, I believe, and past events. It is something I have had to deal with most of my short life. Just a few months ago, "it" was rearing it's ugly head at me "again", and I found myself asking God to help me "again." Many people have different fears in their own way. With the economy and everything going on today, everyday things, things that have happened in our past, and the list goes on. Fear is real for each person in their own way.
This friends words today said:
"Fear is a False Evidence Appearing Real" (Like I said it is real to the individual). This is usually true in my case. This friends words said to help deal with fear: focus on what God's word says about fear, some verses that I think are good:
Hebrews 13:6, 1John 4:18, Psalms 23:4, Psalms 34:4, (in the end God's word is the final say over everything anyways), also ignore your internal emotions, they often lie (this one was good because sometimes we (me) can be so emotional, and to confront our fears head on. (I took these almost word for word from my friend)

This was so good for me to read today, I am thankful for the friends the Lord has put in our lives, to minister even when they don't know that they are ministering to us. I leave you with two more verses I found while "searching" today, I thought they were good, Proverbs 19: 23, and Proverbs 9:10. Hope this strengthens, empowers, encourages you today as well. Have a great Fall Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment