Thursday, October 23, 2008

18 Months


Yesterday, Ian had his 18 month check up. Can I just say again, I can't believe he is that old already. The time really does go so fast. My baby boy is no longer a baby, but a toddler. I keep thinking before summer gets here next year he will be two, is that even possible? Sometimes I think I don't see them getting older (even though they do). It hits me when we are thinking of sending them off to school, or making some milestone, then I think, Oh, they really don't stay little forever. I know what your thinking, "emotional".

Well, like I was saying Ian went in yesterday for his 18 month well check up, and all is well. He is in the 90th percent for his height, and in the 50th for his weight. He has all his teeth in except for his two year molers. Along with the easy stuff he also received four shots. It was only going to be three, but then she said he could go ahead and get his flu shot too. Instead of torturing him again with bringing him back, I decided to go ahead. He does fine after the process is over and I hold him. I have to say too, (bragging of a mother), everyone was just going on and on about his beautiful golden locks. I love his hair. I have thought about cutting it, but can't bring myself to do so. So, for now it stays.

Izze on the other hand..... I didn't even think about her getting a shot. The nurse said she could go ahead and get her flu shot too. I thought about the new flu mist, but then she would have to come back in a month or two and get another mist, why would I want to put her through that? She was already saying "mommy I don't want a shot" over and over again. I guess she thought I couldn't hear her. I kept trying to explain this would keep her healthy when it gets colder outside, but she didn't seem to really care. She just didn't want the shot. We made it through, basically me holding her down (I hate that part). You guys should have seen her. I had to carry her to the front desk. Ian was walking, and I am carrying my 3 year old. LOL Then I told her she would have to walk when we got outside to the car, because I would be carrying brother. She was squat down walking like a penguin or something. She wouldn't straightening her legs for anything. ALL DAY LONG, it was like her leg was broke. She wanted me to carry her everywhere. Sometimes it was humorous. When daddy got home, they got her leg working again though. I think she forgot about it because they were playing. She is SO DRAMATIC sometimes. I guess she gets it honest, because I think I use to do the same thing when I was a kid, and probably still do to some extent now. I haven't gotten a flu shot ever (that I can remember), because I don't like needles (shots), either. WHAT A DAY!!! Glad we are all done with that. Still if she sees the band aid she starts to limp again. Next bath time, it is coming off! Glad both kids are done with shots now. Have a great Thursday everyone, I am loving this weather. Some good shows on tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment