Monday, August 17, 2009

New Chapter, (life journey)















We are headed for a new "chapter" in our lives. Pre-K will start this week for our Isabelle. Last week her teacher made a home visit, and brought some fun stuff for her. We also had information day at her school last week, got to check out her classroom, and do some fun things in the classroom, and see her teacher again, what a day! She got afternoon class, so an end to afternoon naps, which I will miss the cuddle time with her. Can I just say, this day came way too quickly for us. Last week I cuddled up with Isabelle for a nap, and when she feel asleep, I found myself staring at her. I couldn't believe this day (school), was finally upon us. How did it go so quickly? She was know longer my little baby, who needed my help with everything. She is now a little school girl. There won't be another first day of school, this is it. Sure, there will be different grades, but this is a milestone. This "school" experience will begin her many more years of school to come. I feel like I have tried to treasure every moment since she was born, every new experience, growth experience. I have never taken that time with her for granted. I know she is a miracle from God, and I have tried to always keep that in my mind for these past four years. I miss the younger stages in her life. These pictures bring so many great memories. I will always treasure the memories that I have of our little girl. In remembering things past, some pictures of our girl. New born pictures, three month, five month, many in between, and one of her now, 4 years has held a lot of great experiences. I know there will be many more to embrace as we head off to our first day of school. I love you my little girl. I will always treasure you, and the younger memories of you, and treasure, and embrace the new ages, and experiences to come. My children have helped me understand, and "grasp" the "feeling" of "real" unconditional love! Pre-K tomorrow, here we come!
love you sweet Isabelle

2 comments:

  1. Oh Alicia...gulp...my eyes started to well-up a bit as soon as I opened this page with the pictures!! Makes me want to go in and get Nessa from her crib right now and just hold her...
    So sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures bring so many good memories. I do miss her younger stages, but I love the new, older stages as well. She is just growing so fast. You'll see......... cherish your time with Nessa everyday. I know you already do though.

    ReplyDelete