Thursday, August 20, 2009

Funny things.......

Yesterday, I had to laugh, not sure if it was at myself or the situation. It's the long pick-up and drop-off line at Isabelle's school. Have these always been? The line to pick Izze up was out of the school driveway, and into the street. I sat there inching forward as the car in front and back of me did the same. I felt like that episode from Seinfeld (all you fans), with the soup man. The soup man is very strict about the way you order soup, and everyone is in a line and moves very cautiously, through the line. Well, this is me in the pick-up line. Everyone is staying single file in their cars, as to not get over to the left or right too much to make anyone get out of the "straight" row. The lady in front of me is looking through a magazine, and another person is trying to get their child's name poster (these are to place on your dashboard with your child's name on them, so the teachers can know that your child belongs with you), to stay up in the window/dashboard, anyways as I watched all of this I had to laugh. This is such a new life change for me, I'm sure there will be many more. This is my life - the pick-up line......... LOL


Next, Izze has already come home telling stories of the things that happen in class. She has specific names for a couple. This one girl, who Izze calls the "no way girl", has a hard time sharing or letting people play with what she is playing with. Izze says, when she tries to play with her or the stuff, the girl puts her hand out, and says "no way". When she told me this I said, really.... Izze said, that's not very nice is it mommy. I said no, maybe she should play with someone else next time. Then there is the "hitting boy" as she calls him. This one doesn't take much explaining, this boy tries to hit. Then there is the girl she has been playing with, she just says that this little girl has the same color of hair as she does, oh and it was in piggy tails too, can't forget that. These stories brought a smile to my face (except for the hitting), many more to come I'm sure.

Lastly, I know everyone who "knows" us knows that Izze has a lamb she hardly ever parts with. From day one of school, she packed lambie in the backpack, and she goes to school with Izze. Izze keeps her in the backpack though, because, she doesn't want Mrs. White to see her and ask not to bring her back, and she doesn't want the other kids to see her and want to play with lambie. Very cute, I thought, for now. She is just fine knowing that lambie is in her backpack waiting until she gets in the car and then lambie makes her appearance. Izze knows exactly what she is doing, doesn't she.......
To life's adventures.... School times....... And the mind of a 4 year old.......

2 comments:

  1. Oh Alicia! How I'm enjoying these new adventures! Keep em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, they are very exciting for me as well!

    ReplyDelete