Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1st Day of Pre -K - TODAY....

Isabelle's first day of pre-K, she was showing off her new "princess" backpack!








On our way to leave for school.








Having lunch with daddy before heading to school!







Sitting in the hallway of the school, waiting to go to class. She waited so patiently.








Me and Isabelle, saying good-bye in her class. Whew..








Isabelle & daddy saying good-bye in her classroom.








One last hug for daddy as we leave her to begin her school year.


Isabelle was up early today, and ready to get her school clothes on ( she had picked out to wear). I think she was ready before 8AM this morning, and she has afternoon class. LOL We decided since it was such a big/important day, we would meet up with daddy for lunch before heading to her school together. I thought I would be ok since she was so excited about the whole thing, and not being clingy at all. I was ok, until we got to the school, inside the hallway where she sits to wait until time to go to her class. I felt the first push of tears come to my eyes. I pushed them back for fear of Isabelle seeing, and knowing I was sad. I took pictures of her instead. Then, it was off to the classroom. She recognized her name and hung her backpack up in her cubby, then off to sit on a purple square for story time. I was very thankful that she was having such an easy time, because there were a couple kids just crying and asking their parents not to leave. I think I would have just taken my child with me, I don't know if I could leave them. Anyways, us, the parents got to stick around for story time. It was a cute story about a raccoons first day of school. His mommy gave him a heart sticker to put in center of the palm of his hand, this would remind the baby raccoon that mommy raccoon was with him even during school time. Well, this story made more tears come, and one or two slipped out this time. After story time, the parents got to put a heart sticker on their child's hand just like the raccoons, Izze liked this, and so did I. Then, it was time for one more hug and kiss, that was our cue, (parents) to leave. I hugged Isabelle so tight you would have thought I wasn't going to see her for a week. She hugged both daddy and myself, then back to her purple square, she did great! I was so proud, and heartbroken at the same time. I don't think Ian had realized we left sister in the classroom, because when we got to the car and strapped in his seat, he asked, "where is sister"? I told him she was at school now, he proceeded, "I miss her", "I need her", I agreed with him, and tears came again. The emotions of sadness, emptiness, loneliness even ring clear today, you would think I am in some kind of grieving period. I held Ian a long time while putting him for his rest today, thinking it won't be long and he will begin his first day as well. Out of his room I came, pausing, breathing, then passing by Isabelle's room, which no longer has her resting in it, but just still, and quiet. I find myself looking at the clock seeing if it is getting close to picking her up yet. If it is possible for a heart to ache, I feel like mine is today. Surely this feeling will end, only to be reunited again at a later date with a new chapter, experience awaiting. So proud of my daughter today, she did great! I love you, can't wait to see you in about thirty minutes!

5 comments:

  1. TEAR!!! What an awesome experience and relationship a mother has with her child, her first born...her daughter. Looking forward to reading more of all the wonders and joys of the journey to come. My heart tugs with yours as each day passes with Nessa. Thanks for sharing your tender moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Imagine the pain you will feel on her wedding day. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Deb, did you have to bring that up so early on.LOL Let me get through pre-k.... (haha) Yes, I'm sure that will be one of the hardest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know; it doesn't get any easier. Sarah went to Kindergarten and John into 2nd grade this year and I cried like a baby (I am right dowm the hall from them teaching in the same school too) guess it is just a mommy thing. Our kids are growing up too fast and we are so proud of them and saddened at the same time. So, I just cried with the rest of the mommies dropping off their Pre-K kiddos into my classroom and we all made it through our first week just fine; tears and all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kim, that makes me feel better. I'm sure you're right, every year I'll go through it again!

    ReplyDelete