Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mini Breakthrough!

Today was our library day, and it is probably our 3rd or 4th time going, and I saw an improvement in Ian today. He is always good and attentive to the story time, but today he actually played on his own, and left my side for a little bit. Although not far, he was still playing and interacting. Izze always seems to have a great time. It is just so fun to see her do the movements to the songs and even try and sing them. She was even in a hurry to finish playing at the beginning of class so we could get on to story time. She kept saying, "I want to do the story now". She kept listen for the clean up song to start. She would say, "is she doing the clean up song". I wouldn't want to miss even these small moments. They are only this small once and there is just so much I don't want to miss out on. So glad I am able to do these things with them. (I think I say this every time, but it is so true in my heart). The teacher even grabbed her hand during one of the songs when it says to walk, so they walked around the circle together. It was fun for me to watch her. She seemed so proud. After class she was asking the teacher her last name. She is something.

No comments:

Post a Comment