Monday, January 26, 2009

Silly Us!

I thought I would blog about something because afterward I thought it was funny, and had a good laugh, and wondered if others feel the same way. Last night, Brian and I were watching, off and on, that old movie "Father of the Bride." I remember watching it when I was in Junior high, or high school. Brian was actually on the computer, so I didn't think he was watching it really, and I was busy getting Ian ready for bed, and some other things, but was aware of what was going on in the movie, having seen it before. As a junior higher or high schooler, it was a fun movie thinking of your wedding day, but this time it had a whole new meaning. Parts of the movie my eyes would begin to well up with tears, but I kept doing what I was doing, after all it is just a movie. That's when Brian said, why don't we just turn it off now. He said he didn't want to watch anymore. He was tearing up too. Then we started talking about how we were not going to handle Isabelle's getting married very well. It was a lot different watching this movie now that we have a little girl, who will some day leave and get married. Whew, it's hard on us parents even thinking about it. Maybe, it's just us, but....... It was funny though, because we both had tears in our eyes, but we were both laughing really hard at ourselves. We spent some extra time cuddling with Izze after that. Silly parents. LOL, HaHaHa,

3 comments:

  1. I bet if you guys had to listen to "Butterfly Kisses" again you would be a wreck! I hope the kids are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so precious. Kevin and I find ourselves doing things like that too. I never knew I would bawl at so many things that I do now after having Kaelyn. It means you love those precious children of yours and it teaches us soooo much about how God must feel watching us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so precious. Kevin and I find ourselves doing things like that too. I never knew I would bawl at so many things that I do now after having Kaelyn. It means you love those precious children of yours and it teaches us soooo much about how God must feel watching us.

    ReplyDelete