Friday, January 23, 2009

Sick Little Boy

Our little boy has been sick this week. He has been running a fever, and has a runny nose. The doctor says it's caused from a viral infection, and it will have to run it's course. Everything else was a clean bill when the Doctor checked him out.
So we wait....
He is on a rotation of Motrin, and Tylenol, which seems to be helping the fever. Yesterday, it reached a high of 105 degrees. I was ready to take him to the ER, but after giving him medicine, his temp had come down. Thank you Lord. The fevers make me so nervous, and I don't like to take chances with my babies.
He hasn't been sleeping well, I think Brain and I were up maybe five times last night. He hasn't been napping well either, I guess because it is hard for him to breath through his nose. We are all a little sleep deprived around here. Isabelle has been doing well, and I pray she stays well. Today, his fever seems to be down a little, so hopefully this will pass soon. I feel so badly for him, and would like to get back to our routine sleep schedule. You realize how important that good sleep schedule is when it is off. Here's to a good Friday with a healthier little boy.

2 comments:

  1. oh, I hope he gets better soon. Not fun at all. I am praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he feels better soon - fevers always scare me too!
    Kaeden has been battling a stuffy nose with a cough - but luckily no fever this time. I started running a humidifier with Vicks in his room at night and he is sleeping much better.
    I hope Ian has a better night tonight - and that mom and dad get some sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete