Monday, March 31, 2008

Strange Night...

Brian and I woke up to the sound of our house alarm sounding off at about 1AM this morning. I jumped up and turned on the bathroom light so we could see, while Brian ran into the living room. We got the alarm off, and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. We made the rounds to every door and window (even checking the kids rooms), and nothing seemed out of place. The kids never even woke up. Not sure if that is scary or a good thing. Depends on the situation I guess. The call come from the alarm company, and they said the alarm was sounded from our back door being opened. We concluded it must have been a fluke because everything was still locked up tight. As we settled back into bed, trying to calm ourselves and get back to sleep the tornado sirens started to sound. We were up again with the T.V. on. I guess there was a tornado close to us but it was headed the other way. After we were sure we were in the clear, we decided to try and get some sleep. I'm not sure when I fell back to sleep. I was almost afraid to close my eyes again. I remember my previous blog with a question about what I hate, I would have to say the threat of severe storms/tornadoes. I love this season because everything is blooming and coming to life, but the weather is very scary sometimes. We just pray for protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment