Thursday, February 28, 2008

Milestones!



Here in the Rush household we have had some milestones take place! With our little guy Ian, who is now 10 months old, we have now had to lower his crib to the lowest setting. When I went to get him one day he was standing holding onto the bars, and if he isn't standing he is on his knees holding on. For me this was a little sad, because he is no longer that infant boy, but growing to become a little toddler. The next milestone is a big one. This week I have started to wean Ian from one of his feedings. The first couple of days he seemed a little unsettled, like something was bothering him. Now I'm not sure he remembers. This one was bitter sweet for me as well. The freedom that comes with ending the feedings is great, but at the same time realizing he is growing up, and not my infant baby anymore. Izze stopped on her own when she was 10 months old, but he seems content to keep going as long as I will let him. He will be one in April, so my goal is to have him completely weaned by then.


Not to forget our girl. Izze has shown more interest in the "big girl potty" lately. She has been asking to sit on it herself, and wanting to wear "big girl pants". She even went in the potty once. At least that is a start. I am still letting her decide the pace at this point. She just knows what she wants to do when she wants to do it. Hopefully this will become a regular thing, and we can say goodbye to diapers soon. These little guys are so amazing. I love to watch them grow and learn every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment