Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Down Time!

Brian had some time off this weekend, so we got to hang out, and relax. The weather was not much for getting out in, so we did stay in some, which was a nice thing, because we just got to rest. Sometimes the body needs this. We did get away on a date on Saturday, which was nice because we had been in all day. We headed to Norman for some Cheddar's. All I can say is "YUMMY"!! I haven't ate at a Cheddar's in so long, probably since we lived in Tulsa. The spinach dip is great, along with the chicken fingers, great ice tea too. We really wanted to get their famous "cookie monster" dessert, but couldn't seem to find the room, maybe next time. We headed to a couple of my favorite stores after that, one of which we don't have on the North side. Did a little shopping then headed home. It was a great night out with my hubby. We talked, and laughed, and relaxed.

Sunday we had the day off, so we headed out for a family breakfast. Our choice always seems to be Jimmy's Egg. I usually splurge on breakfast, because I don't fix that kind of stuff at home, but I do remember growing up on it. Some great cooks in my family, and I miss that kind of food sometimes. Although, if I ate it all the time, I would be in trouble. Let's see, hash browns, white gravy, biscuit, egg, bacon, coffee (I did share some with the kids). Brain was good, with some egg whites and oatmeal. We headed out afterward to a favorite place of mine as well. Great day off. Down time together is priceless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment