Saturday, March 28, 2009

Belly Laugh!


Have you ever had one of those moments that you and your spouse look at each other, and just bust out laughing, until you almost cry. Well, we have had some moments like that lately with our Isabelle. As she approaches the 4 year mark, she seems like she is growing more into a little girl, conversing more, and just thinks for herself. I thought I would share a couple of these moments today, on this cold, snowy morning. Maybe it will give you a good laugh.

The kids new thing they like to eat is popcorn. Really any occasion will do. Watching a movie, or snack, they don't seem to mind. The other day, Brian, myself, and Ian had made some popcorn and settled down on the couch (Isabelle was still taking a nap). All of a sudden we hear, "ok guys, I smell it, what's going on". Brian and I looked at each other and laughed so hard. She was so serious too. She wanted her own popcorn. So we all settled in with some on the couch.

The other thing the kids have been "into" lately is dinosaurs. We had just gone to the zoo the previous day, and they had a new dinosaur exhibit. We were in the car, and Isabelle started to talk about dinosaurs. Asking if they would eat her, we said no, they weren't real and proceeded to explain about them. She responded, "I think they will eat me, then Jesus will have to make me again." Again, Brian and I looked at each other and began to laugh out loud. She proceeded to talk about how Jesus would make her fingers, legs, and so on all over again. It was amusing to us she thought Jesus could just make her all over again. The faith of a child.....
We laughed, and were amazed at how her little mind is thinking.

Hope this gave you a laugh today! Keep warm and safe, if you got weather like we did.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I smile just looking at sweet Izze's picture, and then smile more just imagining her sweet voice saying "...what's going on." Too cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute and certainly got me laughing.

    ReplyDelete