Friday, November 14, 2008

Little "heart aches"




I just had to blog about this. Brian has been talking with Izze about using the potty in the night, so she doesn't leak, which she has been leaking some at nights. Her pull up just can't hold it all. Last night, I woke up to a sound like something dropped (which was the lid to her potty). I lay there with my eyes open, I see Izze's little frame gliding in the darkness going back to her room, so quiet, peaceful, not bothering to wake me and ask for help, but doing it all by herself. I thought at that moment how proud I was of her for being such a big girl, and at the same time, as I lay there my eyes begin to fill with tears. I, realizing that she was becoming a big girl with each new step and phase she passes through. She actually got up twice last night to potty by herself, never even waking me up, but going straight back to her room and going back to sleep. Wow! I was so emotional, I couldn't hardly go back to sleep. So proud of her, yet my heart ached a little. Have you ever had so much emotion/feeling that you can feel your heart actually ache?? Well......
Kiss, hug, kiss, hug to my little/ big girl.

3 comments:

  1. Izze is growing up...she is a big girl using the potty all by herself!!! I know it can be painful but at least you can see the result of your influence on her life. I keep trying to post comments and I can't seem to get it to work...I hope this one goes through :-)
    Have a great day tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is precious!! What an amazing girl you guys have there and precious parents to care so much for her.

    ReplyDelete