Monday, November 17, 2008

Have You Ever Heard Something So Sad...?


We have had a few days vacation this week, so today we headed to the mall. One of Izze's many favorites. Brian took the kids to play in the play area, while I did some shopping (looking really, I didn't find anything). When I meet up with them later, Brian told me that Izze went up to some girls and asked if they wanted to play with her, her words, "you guys want to play with me", and Brian said they were mean and said NO. He said she walked away and told Brian no one wanted to play with her, so they played some together, then about five minutes later she was ready to go. My heart broke. I know this will happen probably a lot of times as she grows and starts school, and we will have to deal with it, work it out, but I didn't expect it this soon. Ouch! I was so sad, she doesn't show any signs of it affecting her, but my heart sank a little, and sinks a little more thinking about all those things to come we will have to work through. Why can't life be simple, everyone likes everyone world?

4 comments:

  1. Hey your blog made me remember a time last year when my husband told me that some older kids at the daycare had called Dalton a "dork" and wouldn't play with him. I literally cried thinking about kids being mean to my sweet boy. It hurt even more realizing that he had not even told me about it. It breaks the heart thinking about your kids going through these things. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh! that would hurt my heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit-I got teared up reading this post! Who wouldn't want to play with sweet Izze!?!? I know I'm definitely not ready for all of that quite yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Alicia, I'm so sorry! It's sad when someone says mean things to us, but even so much more so when they say it to our babies!!! When Carter was almost 3, I took him to the park, and a little boy called him a poopy diaper head because he was still in diapers. I was so mad that I wanted to say something mean back to him, and he was only 3!!! Really though, I wanted to cry. I'll bet Izze has already forgotten all about it. Luv you guys!

    ReplyDelete