Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our Little Boy!






What a personality this one has! I can remember thinking about kids when Brian and I were dating and then got married. We always said we would like two, one boy and a girl. I guess you never imagine that it would turn out that way, and how great it would be. After having Isabelle, I couldn't imagine having a little boy, because she was all I knew. Some reason the Lord knows we need the boy and girl. It is amazing how different they are, even at such little ages.
Last week Ian had his 15 month check up. He had gained 4 pounds since his one year check-up. I was glad to see this because he was in the low 5% for his weight, although you wouldn't know it by looking at him or seeing him eat. He was almost to the 90th % for his height, and he had grown all over it seemed. Two shots and crying later we were done. Thank goodness. He says many words now, like baby, bye bye, daddy, ball, and more(this one he knows well, he says it when he wants more food). He makes some sounds, of a cow, car, airplane, and a choo choo train. His vocabulary is nothing like Isabelle's was when she was his age, but he leaped forward in other areas, like rolling over, climbing, he doesn't seem to be afraid of much. Except, if I am going to leave him with someone else besides myself or daddy. He loves to go out with his sister and play, he would stay outside if I let him. He wants to be a part of everything she does. If Brain and Izze do something together he longs to be doing it too. Sometimes it seems to upset him if he can't go with them. Then mommy takes over and he is fine again. He is sweet and lovable and amazing. I am thankful that the Lord saw fit to give this little guy to us. Help us Lord to do our best. I love this little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment