Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What a Week!

What a week the kids and I have had so far. Brian has been at a conference, so we always try and stay busy when he is gone. We started out the week with the kids helping me pick out some hanging flower baskets for outside, then picking out some baby shower gifts. We had a play date, and pizza all in one day. The next day we were busy with some more shopping, and then to a birthday party. Izze had so much fun at the party. She really enjoyed the cupcakes and the bubbles she got to take home. Wednesday (today), it rained mostly all day. We headed to the mall for some more shopping, plus I had to take some stuff back. While at the mall, we just got our food and it was announced there was a tornado warning and for everyone to head to the designated storm areas. We were there with some other friends so we nervously headed down to the basement in Dillards. We waited the storm out, praying and feeding the kids the food we had purchased to eat in the food court but.... I was so nervous. They finally told us it had passed, so we packed up the kids and headed home. I thanked the Lord for his protection over our family and friends. I will always remember this day. This time of year makes me so nervous. Tomorrow Brian will be home and we plan to have a great weekend with daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment