Saturday, June 14, 2008

Staff Retreat 2008!



We had a great time at staff retreat this year at Grand Lake! The kids had a great time swimming, and playing with all their little friends. Brian and I got to take the jet skies out one afternoon with a few other people. It was fun, it has been a long time since we have done that together. The weather was perfect too. The last day it stormed, but we were packing to leave so it turned out great. Of course I can't forget to mention the food. We didn't eat at our normal Ozzy's this year. We tried out a new place, The Roadhouse, it was great! One night Mr. Shelby (or papa Shelby), fixed his famous ribs for us. They were great as usual. It's the one time I don't mind eating ribs off the bone. Mrs. Sharon's potato salad, delicious. Also, breakfast was great as usual too. Mr. Shelby and my husband fixed breakfast. Brain was in charge of pancakes, which he makes really well. We had no lack for food, and the desserts, let me say ladies you out done yourselves. I think I sampled about everything. I probably put on a couple more pounds since two days ago. It was well worth it to get away with all of you though. The ladies spent the night time, when the kids were asleep, talking and laughing with each other. I really enjoy and treasure each lady that makes up our team. We all have differences that we bring to the table to make us better and more rounded. We all have different personalities, we come from different background, were raised differently, but I don't think I would change anything because it makes us who we are, and that's what makes our team work and our friendship work. Thanks to everyone for a great trip, and a special thanks to our lead Pastor's Herbert & Tiffany, without you guys caring for us and seeing the need to do something like this it wouldn't be possible. Thanks so much for your vision, your time, your caring spirit. This was a great time spent together! (Also, thank you to the three ladies that went to watch all the kids for us. Without you guys we wouldn't have had time just to spend talking and laughing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment